Grandma's Rice (Rice a la Foxy)
Lexi is obsessed with Foxy's rice recipe - try it and you will be too! The "fluffy pink towel" is key.
3 Goya Sazon flavor packets
2 32-oz cans of chicken broth
2 quarts of water
4 cups of medium grain rice
2 large sweet onions, finely chopped
6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Once heated, add in onions to the oil and stir; cook for 5-8 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Once the onions are browned, add 2 quarts of chicken stock, 2 quarts of water and 3 packets of Goya Sazon con Azafran seasoning and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, add 4 cups of rice and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling remove the stock pot from heat, cover the pot and wrap the pot in a fluffy pink towel.
- Let the stock pot sit for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the top and then serve in a red plastic cup.