Foxy's Salsiccia Giambotta (Sausage and Vegetable Stew)
Cook like Grandma Foxy from Unpolished.
8 sweet sausages, each link cut into 4 pieces
2 bell peppers, sliced vertically and then slice the strands in half
1 sweet onion, sliced vertically and then slice the strands in half
2 zucchini, sliced horizontally into rounds
2 containers of baby bella mushrooms
5 garlic cloves, minced
6 or 7 plum tomatoes, diced and pureed in a blender
1 bunch fresh basil (6 leaves)
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup sweet white wine (Moscato)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add chopped garlic to oil and saute for two minutes over medium heat.
- Add chopped sausage, onions and stir until golden brown.
- While the sausage, onion and garlic simmer, add a splash of sweet white wine.
- Add tomato puree and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add basil and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with parsley flakes and oregano.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and serve.