An Ultimate Guide to Finding the Perfect Wedding Dress
These eight tips will lead you to your perfect wedding dress. Don't miss Say Yes to the Dress America on Saturdays at 8/7c.
Thanks to our friends at MyRegistry.com, we have the ultimate guide to help you find your dream wedding dress!
1. Consider the season and the location of your wedding. Choose a lighter and shorter fabric for the summer, but heavier and longer fabric in the winter.
2. Set a budget and stick to it. Tell your dress consultant first thing, and always be sure to check the price before trying a dress on so you don’t fall in love with one that’s too expensive.
3. Do some research before your bridal appointment. Having a few ideas can help your consultant find dresses that fit your vision.
4. Narrow down your search by choosing a silhouette.
5. Bring any jewelry or accessories you already plan on wearing to see how the dress will look with it.
6. Start looking early. Many gowns take four to six months to be produced and two months for alterations.
7. If you can't find a dress you love, try finding a dress you don't love. Ruling out styles you're not interested in will help your consultant find what you're looking for.
8. Create a mood board with your top choices. If you view them often, you'll naturally decide which one is your favorite.
Planning for your special day? Head to MyRegistry to learn how to easily create a universal gift registry!